Monday, May 19, 2008



I love all things made with chickpeas. I was at a friends house for dinner recently and she made an incredible hummus dip which incorporated fresh veggies, olive, oil and feta. She inspired me to try out my own special hummus spread; it was so good I embarrassingly ate the entire plate. I don't feel too guilty because it was (somewhat) healthy!

This is a great dip for any party and sure to be a crowd pleaser.

Ingredients


1 12oz. container hummus
1/2 c. seeded, diced ripe tomatoes
1/2 c. seeded, diced cucumber
1/2 c. chickpeas, casing removed
1/2 c. black olives chopped
3 scallions thinly sliced
1 tbsp. crumbled feta
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil

For this recipe I used store bought hummus, because, let's face it, some of the store bought stuff has gotten REALLY good lately. My two favorite brands right now are Athenos Neo Classic Hummus and Sabra Hummus. I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

After all the veggies are chopped, diced, and slice, mix them together in a bowl. Pour hummus onto a plate and make a hole in the center. Scoop the vegetables into the whole. Sprinkle with the feta and olive oil and serve.

I like this with pita chips and other vegetables!

No comments: